Magnificent Sound Meets Ultimate Versatility
With 135 W/Ch of pure high-current analog power courtesy of a discrete low-impedance amplification system, your speakers are driven with depth and clarity no matter what audio source you select. And there are so many options: TV sound via digital inputs, music streaming from Spotify over Wi-Fi®, iTunes via AirPlay, MP3s from USB drives, audio from mobile apps via Bluetooth technology, and both FM and DAB+ radio. There’s also a phono equalizer for your turntable and other players can be connected using the four digital and six analog inputs. BGM Preset stores four of your best FM, DAB+, and internet radio stations, so entertainment is only a button push away. Don’t settle for second best: with almost 70 years’ experience building premium Hi-Fi gear, nothing else performs like an Onkyo.
Hi-Current Non-Phase-Shift Amplification
High current enhances control of the speakers for extremely accurate and dynamic sound. It’s the cornerstone of our WRAT system, which also prevents phase shift by pushing the roll-off point higher than the listening-level frequency. This creates an uncommonly well-focused and realistic audio image.
Hi-Grade 384 kHz/32-bit DAC
An Asahi Kasei AK4452 digital-to-analog converter unlocks the full potential of any audio format thanks to unique low-distortion sound-enhancing filtering technologies.
Get instant access to four of your favorite FM, DAB+, and internet radio stations at the touch of a button.
Rediscover the Magic of Vinyl
Hi-current amplification brings out the best in your vinyl records—just connect your turntable via the phono input. Long-time collector or just starting out, the TX-8150 will delight with authentic Hi-Fi sound.
Bluetooth Audio, Wi-Fi®, and AirPlay with Spotify
Stream virtually any audio to your system with zero hassle. Available internet radio and music subscription services include Spotify and TuneIn, while a DAB+ tuner adds a wealth of quality radio entertainment options.
Ready for Hi-Res Audio
The TX-8150 is engineered for universal Hi-Res compatibility and ease of use. Use the remote app to select your 192/24 FLAC or 5.6 MHz DSD files on PC or NAS and bask in the clarity and detail of high-resolution music.
- 135 W per Channel
- Built-in Wi-Fi® for Wireless Audio
- Bluetooth Audio Support for Wireless Audio Playback
- Spotify Connect and AirPlay
- Phono Input
- Hi-Current Amp Design
- 384 kHz/32-bit Hi-Grade DAC
- 4 Quick-Access BGM Presets
AMPLIFIER AND CONNECTION FEATURES
- Non-Phase-Shift Amp Design for Realistic Sound Imaging
- Discrete Amplifier Design with Massive EI Transformer
- Two Custom-Made 8,200 µF Hi-Current Capacitors
- AKM AK4452 384 kHz/32-bit Hi-Grade DAC
- Plays Music from Mass-Storage-Class USB Memory Devices
- Supports Onkyo Remote App for Control of Receiver via iPod touch/iPhone and Android™ Devices*1
- Plays Compressed, Lossless, and Hi-Res Audio via Local Network (MP3, WMA, WMA Lossless, FLAC, WAV, Ogg Vorbis, AAC, Apple Lossless, DSD 5.6 MHz, and LPCM)
- Internet Radio and Music Streaming Subscription Services Included (TuneIn Radio, Spotify, and Deezer)*2
- Certified with Windows® 8 and DLNA Version 1.5
- Pure Audio Mode
- Direct Mode
- 4 Digital Audio Inputs (2 Optical and 2 Coaxial)
- 6 Analog Audio Inputs (Excluding Phono Input) and 1 Output
- MM Phono Input
- Subwoofer Pre Out
- Speaker A/B Drive
- IR Input and Output
- Gold-Plated Headphone Jack
- FM/DAB/DAB+ Tuner with 40 Station Presets
- Preset Station Naming (Up to 10 Characters)
- Anti-Vibration Oval Chassis
- Gold-Plated Audio Terminals
- Banana Plug-Compatible Speaker Posts
- Front USB Port for WAV 96 kHz, DSD 2.8 MHz, and MP3 Playback
- Auto Power On via Optical When Signal is Detected
- Independent Bass, Treble, and Balance Controls
- Network Standby Capability
- 3-Mode Display Dimmer (Normal/Dim/Dimmer)
- Sleep Timer
- Battery-free Memory Back-up
- Compatible with RI (Remote Interactive) Dock for iPod/iPhone
- Full-Function RI Remote Control
- Power Output: 135 W/Ch (6 Ohms, 1 kHz, 1%, 1 Channel Driven, IEC); 140 W/Ch (6 Ohms, 1 kHz, 2 Channels Driven, JEITA)
- Frequency Response: 10 Hz–100 kHz/+1 dB, -3 dB (Direct Mode)
- Dimensions (W x H x D): 435 x 149 x 328 mm
- Weight: 8.6 kg
- D/A convertersTwin Analog Devices AD1955 24-bit DACs
- Digital filter2nd Generation ATF2 up-sampling to 24-bit/384kHz. Linear Phase, Minimum phase or Steep modes.
- Analogue filter2-pole differential Bessel with DC servo (for both XLR and RCA outputs)
- Digital audio inputs1 x AES/EBU, 2 x S/PDIF coaxial and 2 x TOSLINK optical
- USB Audio inputUSB Type B conforms to USB Audio profile 1.0 or 2.0 (user selectable)
- Analogue audio outputsBalanced XLR and unbalanced RCA analogue audio outputs
- CompatibilityUPnP: Linear PCM 16-24 bit, 11.025-192kHz
Local USB media:Linear PCM 16-24 bit, 11.025-192kHz
USB Audio1.0: Linear PCM 16-24 bit, 44.1-96kHz
USB Audio 2.0: Linear PCM 16-24 bit, 44.1-192kHz or DSD (x64)
- TOSLINK: 16-24 bit, 32-192kHz (using high quality TOSLINK optical cable)
S/PDIF: Linear PCM 16-24 bit, 32-192kHz
AES3/EBU: Linear PCM 16-24 bit, 32-192kHz
BT100 Bluetooth receiver: A2DP plus aptX
Internet radio: 16-24 bit, 11.025-192kHz
- Audio formatsALAC, WAV, FLAC, AIFF, WMA, MP3, AAC, HE AAC, AAC+, OGG Vorbis
- Standby power consumption
The CXN is our fastest, slickest network player yet, and this is helped by the processing power of our bespoke new Cambridge Connect app. The app, which offers a new menu system plus a more graphical and intuitive interface, locates uPnP servers on your network, makes sense of the folder structure and lists content metadata, all without skipping a beat.
The CXN also supports C-BUS control, allowing power and volume to be controlled via the Cambridge Connect app. The CXN can be employed as a digital pre-amplifier, with volume control performed by the Sharc DSP; for maximum quality, this resamples at every volume step. Thereʼs also asychronous USB (24-bit/192kHz resolution) with DSD64 playback support. Using the app to find the track you want to play, not the player, results in a faster, more satisfying user experience. We believe this switcheroo is ingenious. Before, our streaming module would have to go find the uPnP servers and serve up the file structure back to the app - a relatively slow process. In the CXN ecosystem, your smartphone or tablet app handles all the browsing, searching and finding.
Naturally file playback support is wide, with all popular codecs and wrappers supported, including WAV, FLAC, ALAC, AIFF, MP3, HE AAC and AAC+ OGG Vorbis. UPnP media playback is joined by AirPlay, Spotify Connect and Internet radio.
Built to sound better
Just as with other components in the CX series, the CXN features a low-resonance, acoustically dampened chassis, allied to a high quality power supply - and for the first time on a Cambridge network player, thereʼs also a high resolution, full colour TFT display, which compliments the browsing experience on the Cambridge Connect app.
With the CXN, weʼve been able to unlock more of our extremely powerful Zander audio streaming module. Incredibly, itʼs currently utilising only about 20 per cent of its potential. Expect firmware updates to unlock more features and functionality over time.
Dual Differential DACs
The two Wolfson WM8740 DACs within the CXN are used in a dual differential mode. Put simply, this means we use one stereo DAC per channel. Not only does this give us terrific stereo separation, but also enables us to multiply up and convert at 24-bit 384kHz (2 x192Khz) per channel. Why do we use Wolfson WM8740 DACs? Because they sound great, of course!
Adaptive Time Filtering upsampling
The CXN employs Cambridge Audioʼs proprietary 2nd Generation Adaptive Time Filtering (ATF2) upsampling technology, which is implemented in the CXNʼs Analog Devices Sharc DSP. Traditionally, upsampling algortithms consider two bits of data then draw a line between; our ATF technology considers both the data and its overall shape, then interpolates where itʼll best fit the waveform. We believe this is a more accurate, realistic way of handling audio upsampling, and results in a more convincing soundstage.
If you want to use the CXN with a Bluetooth source, we offer an optional BT100 audio receiver.
From the ground up, this is an audiophile Bluetooth device. All the coding for the BT100, from the XMOS interface to the aptX implementation, is done in-house. We even include an extension cable which enables you get the best Bluetooth range.
- DACDual Wolfson WM8740 24-bit DACs
- Digital filter2nd Generation ATF2 up-sampling to 24-bit/384kHz
- Analogue filter2-Pole Dual Differential Bessel
- USB Audio InputUSB Type B conforms to USB Audio profile 1.0 or 2.0 (user selectable) and DSD via USB
- Digital audio inputsS/PDIF Coaxial and TOSLINK Optical
- Analogue audio outputsBalanced XLR and unbalanced RCA analogue
- Digital audio outputsS/PDIF Coaxial and TOSLINK Optical
- CompatibilityUPnP, Local USB media, USB audio 1.0 and 2.0, S/PDIF Toslink and Coaxial, Airplay, BT100 Bluetooth receiver (not supplied), Internet radio, Spotify Connect
- Audio formatsALAC, WAV, FLAC, AIFF, WMA, MP3, AAC, HE AAC, AAC+, OGG Vorbis
- Max power consumption30W
- Standby power consumption0.5W
- Dimensions (H x W x D)maximum including sockets and controls: 85 x 430 x 305mm (3.4 x 16.9 x 12.2“)
- Weight3.5Kg (7.7lbs)
INFRARED REMOTE CONTROL ΓΙΑ FAMILY MUSIC CONSOLE
ΛΕΙΤΟΥΡΓΕΙ ΜΕ REMOTE CONTROL PAD ( HM-30R )
SOFT TOUCH ΛΕΙΤΟΥΡΓΙΑ
ΔΥΝΑΤΟΤΗΤΑ ΧΕΙΡΙΣΜΟΥ ΤΟΥ REMOTE CONTROL PAD ΑΠΟ
ΑΠΟΣΤΑΣΗ ΕΩΣ 20m
CDM-2μονάδα CD/USB Player μέ τηλεχειριστήριο γιά MA-
Azur 851C Upsampling DAC, CD Player and Digital Pre-amplifier Features
Digital to Analogue Converter featuring S/PDIF and Toslink digital inputs, AES/EBU balanced digital input and USB audio inputs (all 24 bit compatible)
Optional digital volume and channel balance control
Balanced XLR and unbalanced RCA analogue audio outputs
USB Audio input allowing streaming of up to 24-bit/192kHz audio from computer
ATF2™ audio up-sampling to 24-bit/384kHz
Twin Analog Devices AD1955 24 bit DACs delivering superior sound-staging and stereo imaging
Selectable digital filters – linear phase, minimum phase, steep
Audiophile grade toroidal transformer delivering ultra-low low noise and distortion
Full metal casework design with thick brushed aluminium front panel and dual layer damped feet, giving enhanced resonance control
Eco-friendly Azur Navigator remote control with Cambridge Audio amplifier and iPod dock control
Available in black and silver finishes