The Press Patch Box is a special kind of audio signal distributor intended for use at press conferences. It features separate inputs for microphone and line signals (from a mixing console output).
Also available as stereo version (PPB20S)
A high quality input amplifier with a transformer balanced input provides a wide dynamic range. A total of 20 transformer-balanced XLR/m outputs with separate paired driver circuits make it possible to connect up video cameras and other recording equipment.
The nominal output level is +4 dBu at 600 Ω. Channels 19 and 20 have TRS jack sockets for balanced/unbalanced signals and also phono sockets (-10 dBu nominal level).
Where more than 20 outputs are required, additional PPB 20s can be hooked up via a rear BUS IN/OUT socket. Signal monitoring is provided by a 10 LED strip displaying a range of -40 to +10 dB (0 dB in the display = 4 dBu output) and an adjustable headphones amplifier.
The PPB20 has an integral, shielded power supply unit. An extra DC input makes it possible to connect up a (backup) battery power source. A PW4 can provide the necessary backup power supply for two PPB20s.
- Transformer-balanced, 4 XLR/f sockets, with paired front/rear parallel connections for separate microphone/line signals.
- Nominal Input Impedances: Microphones 200 Ω, Line = 5 kΩ
- Max. input levels: microphones = 0 dBu, Line = +20 dBu
- Max. amplification: microphones = +66 dB, Line = +22 dB (constantly adjustable via switch and potentiometer).
- 20 XLR/m, 2x TRS jack, 2x phono, all transformer-balanced and floating with separate ground lift switches at rear
- Nominal output impedances: XLR = 300 Ω, jack and phono = 600 Ω
- Nominal output levels: XLR = +4 dBu/20 dBu max.; jack/phono = -10 dBu, + 6 dBu max
- Headphones output: Stereo jack socket, with mono tip + ring, Designed for use with 8 Ω - 200 Ω headphones (constantly adjustable level).
- 10 LED strips displaying a range of -40 to +10 dB.
- Bus input/output (mono jack)
- Power Supply: 230 VAC or ± 12 V to ± 18 VDC, 15 Watts.
- Housing: 19'', 3 U, approx. 200 mm deep.
Easy Patch` Patch Panel, 2 x 48 TT (Bantam) jacks, half normalled bottom row, 288 solder terminals for fixed installations - cost effective, including top and bottom cover
A stereo version of the PPB20 is also available. Instead of having one microphone and one line input the stereo version has two line inputs.
The first input is split on to the upper row of outputs i.e. on to the odd channels whereas the second line input is split on to the lower row of outputs, i.e. the even channels.
Patch panel 2x48TT (Bandam) jacks, 12x25 pole D-sub
|The DBX PB-48 Point Patchbay. Get your audio gear organised with this high quality patchbay.
The DBX PB-48 features 48 front panel patchpoints and 48 rear panel patchpoints, from 24 user-adjustable board assemblies that can be configured for Half-Normalled or De-Normalled patchbay operation without soldering or cutting wires. The PB-48 is a rugged, noise-free, patchbay designed to serve all your patchbay needs, from providing clear and easy access to your mixer and other studio gear, to reducing the wear and tear on their jacks, to facilitating quick and precise re-routing of devices within your studio setup. PB-48 patchbay jacks accept balanced TRS or unbalanced TS standard audio 1/4 inch plugs.
The main features of the DBX PB-48 include:
- Patch Points: 48 (2 rows of 24)
- Jacks: 1/4 inch phone, balanced or unbalanced, nickel-silver, self-cleaning contacts
- Normalling: Half-normalled or de-normalled (user configurable)
- Chassis Dimensions (H x W x D): 1.75 x 19 x 2.6 inches (44mm x 482mm x 68mm)
- Module Dimensions (H x W x D): 1.4 x 0.6 x 2.6 inches (40mm x 18mm x 68mm)
- Shipping Weight: 2.3 lb (1.1 kg)
The PPB10 is a compact version of the well known and established PPB20 from Palmer. The PPB10 is a 10 channel audio splitter for press conferences and other applications. On a transformer split basis, one line input is split out to ten outputs.
- All inputs and outputs are balanced transformer isolated
- Extremely reliable: Should one output be shorted, the other outputs remain unaffected
- Line input and outputs
- Adjustable input gain (-∞ to +25dB)
- Level meter
- Headphone output to monitor the input level, headphone volume adjustable
- Individual ground lift switches for each output
- Ground Lift switch for the input
- Expandable setup thanks to the Bus In/Out sockets - allowing you to cascade numerous PPB10 (or PPB20)