The HM 1000 is a microphone hanging module that accommodates capsules from the AKG Discreet Acoustic Modular series and provides for hanging them with a thin 33 ft. (10 meter) cable. The end of the cable is terminated with a mini-XLR connector which will pass through an 11-mm diameter opening and is subsequently plugged into the Discreet Power adapter (DPA). Using microphones flown from the ceiling to record music or speech in places of worship, conference rooms, or on theater stages is becoming more and more popular.
The HM 1000 operates over the range of 9 to 52 volts DC. A red LED power indicating ring at the capsule end of the cable tells the operating engineer that the system is receiving power. The LED is normally powered from phantom power, but can be operated by an alternative DC power source such as the AKG B18. The LED maybe extinguished by removing a jumper located inside the DPA. The DPA also contains a jumper-actuated low frequency roll-off below 250 Hz.
The HM 1000 is ideal in multiples for overhead choral pickup and is virtually invisible at typical distances. The capsule assembly may be set to any direction or angle by means of a flexible but stable wire as shown in the photograph. The cable is black, and the capsule assembly is matte gray.
- Hanging module with rugged thread connection and self-cleaning, gold plated contacts
- Compatible with 5 different AKG capsule modules CK 31, CK 32, CK 33, CK 47 and CK 80
- Integrated switchable LED indication
- Integrated bass roll-off
- Rugged design
- Non-reflective ray colour
- Included Accessories: Phantom power adapter, hanging clip
- Bass filter: 250 Hz, -10 dB at 50 Hz
- Impedance: =2,000 ohms
- Supply voltage: 9 to 52 V phantom power to DIN/IEC
- Current consumption: