The Mackie CR5-X is a pair of Creative Reference Series 5\” multimedia monitors offering a compact solution for quality audio playback in home studios and gaming setups. With 80W of amplification driving 5\” woofers and 0.75\” tweeters, the CR5-X monitors deliver more volume and bass than the smaller CR3-X and CR4-X.
The pair consists of one passive speaker and one powered speaker that connect with an included speaker cable. Each monitor incorporates a custom-tuned rear port to smoothly extend the low end and a specially designed waveguide for clarity and proper dispersion of high frequencies.
With plenty of I/O provided, the CR5-X can accept a feed from your audio interface, computer soundcard, or mobile device while pumping out your mix to the drivers or your favorite headphones.
The CR5-X features a download for ProTools | First and The Musician\’s Collection plug-in package including 23 high-quality plug-ins with BBD Delay, Eleven Lite, the 304E EQ, and the 304C Compressor.
- For recording, mixing, sound design, gaming, and casual listening
- All-wood cabinet with a brushed-metal front panel
- 3.5mm, RCA, and 1/4\” inputs accommodate balanced or unbalanced stereo line-level signal from your audio interface, mixer, soundcard, or mobile device
- Front-panel 3.5mm headphone port auto-defeats speaker output
- 80W of amplification drive the 5\” polypropylene-coated woofers and 0.75\” ferrofluid-cooled, silk-dome tweeters
- Speaker placement switch lets you choose which side to use for the on/off/volume control
- Includes a 3.5mm to stereo RCA cable for connecting your computer to the speakers, a standard 3.5mm cable to plug in your smartphone, and a speaker cable to connect the left and right monitors
- Included monitor isolation pads minimize boomy bass buildup and provide up/down tilt control for more focused listening