The Shure KSM109 offers incredible performance for its price. It combines an extended frequency response for natural sound reproduction with a smooth high end and a tight, controlled low end. It’s all the mic you need for studio instrument recording.
- A tight cardioid polar pattern
- Transformerless Class-A preamplifier circuitry design
- Outstanding transparency without crossover distortion
- An extended frequency response (20Hz to 20KHz)
- Natural reproduction of sound with a smooth high-end and a tight/controlled low-end
- Switchable -15dB Pad allows the input of a wider range of SPL sources
Some typical applications for the KSM109 are listed below. Microphone use, however, is a matter of personal taste. The KSM109 may be used for a variety of applications other than those listed.
- Acoustic instruments — such as piano, guitar, drums, percussion, strings
- Wind instruments — brass and woodwind
- Overhead miking — drums or percussion
- Ensembles — choral or orchestral
- Room ambiance pick-up — guitar amplifier or drums
Both the acoustic environment and microphone placement strongly affect the sound obtained from miking a source. You may need to experiment with microphone placement and room treatments to achieve the best overall sound for each application.