In the 15 years since we introduced them, our HS Series powered studio monitors have become a favourite in professional, project and home studio environments.
Our new special edition HS7 MP Set includes two HS7 monitors, both manufactured using a unique process and both utilsing specially selected parts. The result is a pair of monitors, each as closely matched to one another as is possible.
- 2-way bass-reflex bi-amplified nearfield studio monitor with 6.5″ cone woofer and 1″ dome tweeter
- 43Hz – 30kHz frequency response
- 60W LF plus 35W HF bi-amp system for high-performance 95W power amplification
- ROOM CONTROL and HIGH TRIM response controls
- XLR and TRS phone jack inputs accept balanced or unbalanced signals
- Number of speakers: 2 (Matched Pair)
- Speaker type: 2-way bi-amp powered studio monitor
- Frequency range (-10dB): 54Hz – 30kHz
- Components: LF 5″ cone, HF 1″ dome
- Crossover: 2kHz
- Output power: 70W (LF:45W, HF:25W)
- I/O connectors: XLR3-31 type (balanced), PHONE (balanced)
- Power consumption: 45W
- Shape: Bass-reflex typE
- Cabinet material: MDF
- Width (each): 170mm (6.7“)
- Height (each): 285mm (11.2“)
- Depth (each): 222mm (8.7“)
- Net weight (each): 5.3kg (11.7 lbs.)
- LEVEL control (+4dB/center click)
- EQ: HIGH TRIM switch (+/- 2dB at HF)
- ROOM CONTROL switch (0/-2/-4 dB under 500Hz)
HS MP (Matched Pair)
In 2019 we marked the fiftieth year of our Professional Audio division, and had the idea of producing a special model of the HS Series that would receive even greater attention by our designers and engineers.
The HS Series embodies the design philosophy on which Yamaha has long insisted for its studio monitors, and is now available as a special paired model that uses selected volume parts. The paired model series bears the designation of MP (Matched Pair), and MP stickers are affixed to the back of each unit. Manufactured at the same time and with paired serial numbers, the HS MP models can play a valued role in your recording, mixing, and mastering work.
Yamaha Monitor Speakers
Yamaha Pro Audio’s history of aspiration and innovation goes back to 1969. Since the creation of Yamaha’s first pro audio products (the VA120 and VA180 vocal amp systems), we’ve repeatedly aspired and innovated to create a wide-ranging lineup for applications including broadcast studios and commercial spaces, such as mixing consoles, power amplifiers, speakers, processors, and immersive sound solutions, each with the aim of becoming the new standard in their respective market.
Monitor speakers are one of the product areas that must be mentioned when speaking of Yamaha Pro Audio’s fifty-year history. The NS10M STUDIO which went on sale in 1977 was a studio monitor speaker loved by numerous engineers, and earned a role in studios around the world. In 1998 came the MSP5 powered monitor speaker which focused on providing the painstakingly faithful playback of the original sound that is demanded from nearfield monitors. Subsequently, the MSP/MSP STUDIO series that appeared during the period 2000 through 2008 benefited from a full measure of the know-how and technology that we’ve accumulated in the field of pro studio monitor design, going on sale as a flagship model that boasted a stunning degree of perfection.
Design principles maintained and perfected
We insist on complete fidelity to the original sound and the ability to reproduce the subtle changes of tone and position in the mix, and these principles are exemplified in the HS series that appeared in 2005 with its bright white cones. As high-bit and high-sampling-rate continue as trends in the field of music production, leading to an increasing need for high-quality nearfield monitors, these speakers deliver the high-quality sound and accuracy that are ideal for the studio environment. In 2013, fusing the know-how and cutting-edge analysis technology that we have developed through many years of studio monitor design, and carefully rethinking every element, we announced the next-generation HS series which adds yet more polish to the accuracy of these speakers.