In the 15 years since we introduced them, our HS Series powered studio monitors have become a favourite in professional, project and home studio environments.
Our new special edition HS8 MP Set includes two HS8 monitors, both manufactured using a unique process and both utilsing specially selected parts. The result is a pair of monitors, each as closely matched to one another as is possible.
- 2-way bass-reflex bi-amplified nearfield studio monitor with 8″ cone woofer and 1″ dome tweeter
- 38Hz – 30kHz frequency response
- 75W LF plus 45W HF bi-amp system for high-performance 120W power amplification
- ROOM CONTROL and HIGH TRIM response controls
- XLR and TRS phone jack inputs accept balanced or unbalanced signals
- Speaker type: 2-way bi-amp powered studio monitor
- Frequency range (-10dB): 38Hz – 30kHz
- Components: LF 8″ cone, HF 1″ dome
- Crossover: 2kHz
- Output power: 120W (LF:75W, HF:45W)
- I/O connectors: XLR3-31 type (balanced), PHONE (balanced)
- Power consumption: 60W
- Shape: Bass-reflex type
- Cabinet material: MDF
- Width (each): 250mm (9.8“)
- Height (each): 390mm (15.4“)
- Depth (each): 334mm (13.1“)
- Net weight (each): 10.2kg (22.5 lbs.)
LEVEL control (+4dB/center click)
EQ: HIGH TRIM switch (+/- 2dB)
Yamaha Monitor Speakers
Yamaha Pro Audio\’s history of aspiration and innovation goes back to 1969. Since the creation of Yamaha\’s first pro audio products (the VA120 and VA180 vocal amp systems), we\’ve repeatedly aspired and innovated to create a wide-ranging lineup for applications including broadcast studios and commercial spaces, such as mixing consoles, power amplifiers, speakers, processors, and immersive sound solutions, each with the aim of becoming the new standard in their respective market.
Monitor speakers are one of the product areas that must be mentioned when speaking of Yamaha Pro Audio\’s fifty-year history. The NS10M STUDIO which went on sale in 1977 was a studio monitor speaker loved by numerous engineers, and earned a role in studios around the world. In 1998 came the MSP5 powered monitor speaker which focused on providing the painstakingly faithful playback of the original sound that is demanded from nearfield monitors. Subsequently, the MSP/MSP STUDIO series that appeared during the period 2000 through 2008 benefited from a full measure of the know-how and technology that we\’ve accumulated in the field of pro studio monitor design, going on sale as a flagship model that boasted a stunning degree of perfection.